FRETMONKEY

13091 2018-4-8 15:45:32

当安大略的歌手/作曲家Shawna Caspi*后一次参观了Okanagan时,她变得非常受风景的启发,决定画它。Okanagan 是加拿大BC省的一个小镇,以风景优美,日照时间长,葡萄酒业发达而闻名。

Caspi是一位渥太华出生五年的全职巡回音乐家,*近在几年前在她现在的家乡多伦多的约克大学学习音乐课程的时候接受了艺术课程。每当她出游时,Caspi都会用她的相机拍摄照片,并在业余时间为她们绘制照片。而且,在耗材供应不足的情况下,Caspi在展会的售货桌上出售她的作品。

她以的指弹吉他而闻名,正在成功的道路上前进着。

“我试图把一个乐队的声音写入吉他,”Caspi谈到她的表演风格。 “它非常醇厚。它非常亲密。我的歌曲非常抒情。我喜欢讲故事,并热爱与观众联系。”

绘制美丽的风景和为观众演唱民谣和指弹,这是卡斯皮一直前进的动力。

“对我来说,很多(我喜欢的)就是旅行。在我当巡演音乐家之前,我其实并没有做过很多旅行。现在,我经常去你不经常去看的小城镇,“卡斯皮说。 “我只是喜欢结识新朋友。”

“在加拿大,我有机会从海岸到海岸看到这个国家。那(B.C.)对我来说仍然非常令人兴奋,“Caspi说。

对于基层歌手/歌曲作者来说,与观众的亲密接触和可持续发展的职业生涯比扮演歌利亚球场的机会要重要得多。

Caspi说:“我*大的目标是尽可能多地播放民间音乐。” “我喜欢民间节日的感觉。感觉就像你在营地。“
……………………………………………………
Fingerstyle folk singer set to serenade the Okanagan

When Ontario singer/songwriter Shawna Caspi last toured the Okanagan, she became so inspired by the landscape that she decided to paint it.

That painting became the album cover of Caspi’s recent drop, Forest Fire, for which the classically-trained folk troubadour is on tour with a March 22 stop at Vernon’s Record City and a March 28 gig at Kelowna’s OUR Coffeehouse.

“I was very struck by images of the region in the summer. I had never seen anything like it,” Caspi said, recalling the smoke-filled sky illuminated in burnt orange hues. “The cover of that record is my first attempt at abstract.”

Caspi, an Ottawa-born full-time touring musician of five years, took up the brush recently, several years after taking an arts course while studying music at York University in her current hometown of Toronto. Whenever she goes on tour, Caspi captures images with her camera and paints them in her spare time. And, while supplies last, Caspi sells her paintings at the merch desk at shows.

Known for her fingerstyle guitar, Caspi’s folk jams are at the route of her success.
“I try to write a whole band’s sound into the guitar,” Caspi said of her performance style. “It’s fairly mellow; it’s very intimate. My songs are very lyric driven. I do love to tell stories and love to connect with the audience.”

Beyond painting beautiful landscapes and playing mellow acoustic jams for audiences, that connection is what keeps Caspi going.

“For me, a lot of it (what I love) is the travel. Before I was a touring musician, I actually hadn’t done a lot of travelling. Now, I’m often going to small towns you don’t often get to see,” Caspi said. “I just love meeting new people and making new friends.”

Caspi is about to embark on a B.C. circuit and is excited to return to the area.

“In Canada, I’ve had quite the opportunity to see the country from coast to coast. That (B.C.) is still very exciting for me to see,” Caspi said.

For the grassroots singer/songwriter, that intimate connection with the audience and a sustainable career is far more important than the opportunity to play Goliath stadiums.

“My biggest goal is to play as many folk fests as possible,” Caspi said. “I love the feel of a folk fest. It feels like you’re at a camp.”

Caspi brings her fingerstyle folk jams to Vernon’s Record City March 22 at 7 p.m. Tickets are available for $10 advance or $15 at the door. Students get in for $10 and children 12-and-under have free access. Caspi’s Kelowna jams are slated for 7 p.m. March 28 at OUR Coffeehouse. Tickets are $10 or $5 for Kelowna Arts Council 。
……………………………………………………
FRETMONKEY是来自北美的唱片厂牌,旗下签约全球众多吉他大师。
我们会每天推送旗下吉他大师们的视频,每周定期进行吉他大师直播SHOW。
欢迎大家扫描下方签名二维码关注我们。

指弹

相关阅读

查看全部

全部评论1

进入网站首页,查看更多精彩内容